A word from your pal, Tyler Durden

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off. -Tyler Durden (Fight Club)"

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bayshore Mall: Clever Architectual Advertising

I was in Bayshore mall a week or so ago eating, and I just so happened to look up and see a turnstile hanging from the ceiling rotating advertisements. Just when you think you are able to escape the advertisements from television and internet, a splash of marketing is targeted in your daily lives. Pictured below is a picture I took of an advertisement that definitely got my head to turn.


I thought that this form of advertisement definitely did it's justice. I thought it was funny that I immediately turned my head to double-check what the advertisement said and to find out that it was an advertisement for advertisement space. It's pretty hard to escape advertising as we are constantly marketed to wherever we turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment